All admissions are subject to the regulations and policies of Selskar College
- Places will be offered on first-come, first-served basis and upon successful completion of the application process
- An offer of a place is conditional on meeting relevant entry requirements
- All applications received will be treated in a fair and equal manner
- Deferrals will be considered on a case by case basis
- In exceptional circumstances Selskar College reserves the right to refuse admission
- Repeat learners where readmitted are liable for full fees
- The simple four step admission process is outlined on the next page
- Leaving Certificate five passes or
- Leaving Certificate Applied or
- Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme or
- Any relevant QQI (FETAC) Level 4 Award
- Mature Applicants with relevant experience
- An Informal Interview
- Garda Vetting will apply to all PLC courses. You will be required to complete a Garda Vetting Form giving permission for information to be obtained from the Garda Central Vetting Unit regarding all convictions and/or prosecutions successful or not, pending or completed.
- The Level 6 Course in Early Childhood Care & Education will require Level 5 Certification in Early Childhood Care & Education or equivalent.
Applicants with Additional Needs
Selskar College welcomes applications from learners with additional needs. Selskar College will endeavour to provide appropriate supports and services for all learners with disabilities or specific learning difficulties to access its courses, within the limits of available resources. Funding may be available from the Department of Education and Skills (DES) and the ESF under the Higher Education Authority Fund for Learners with Disabilities. Learners with a wide variety of disabilities are supported, including those with a Visual Impairment, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Physical Disability, Mental Health Conditions, Specific Learning Difficulties such as Dyslexia and Developmental Co-ordination Disorders such as Dyspraxia. The services and supports available to individual learners will depend on the grant allocated by the HEA.
An information sheet and a supplementary application form for learners with additional needs is available from Selskar College. Documentary evidence verifying the learner’s Disability/Specific learning difficulty must be provided with the completed supplementary application form. Completed forms should be returned to the PLC Director as early as possible.
There is a 4 step admission process. This is summarised in the ADMISSION PROCESS document below.
A more detailed description of the admission procedures is given in the ADMISSION POLICY AND PROCEDURES document.