Due to the current Covid 19 restrictions we have moved to an online format to liaise with the Parents/Guardians of our incoming first year class of 2021/22.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to host Information Meetings on line. We have prepared a Guide to Teams Meetings for Parents/Guardians that can be viewed by clicking on the below link:
We understand that this may be difficult for some and we ask that you reach out to us if you are having any issues by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 053 9122753.
For the 1st year class of 2021/22 we intend to hold 2 Information Meetings for Parents/Guardians.
Details of the first meeting are below.
Details regarding the 2nd meeting to be confirmed.
An invitation to join the meeting will be sent by email before the meeting is due to commence. Please ensure that we have your most up to date email details for this reason.
The College is very aware that the transition from primary to post-primary school is a major step in the lives of students.
To support them and their parents with this transition the college traditionally operated a transition programme (currently suspended due to Covid Restrictions) which included the following:
- First Year Head & Principal visit 5th& 6thclasses in local primary schools (November)
- Individual Parent/Guardian meeting with Principal/Deputy Principal immediately after application period closes (February)
- Entrance Assessment (March)
- Applications for resource hours & Language support made (March)
- Home School Community Liaison Officer brings small groups from each feeder primary school in for a short tour and Q & A session (Spring)
- Home School Community Liaison Officer visits each feeder primary school to collate any relevant information (Spring)
- Induction Programme LE CHÉILE run with 1styear classes by Class Tutors with subject teachers and Meitheal leaders (August/September)
- Home School Community Liaision Officer hosts coffee morning for parents of First Year students (September)
- Monthly assemblies with year group continue throughout the year.